About our 2 Astrolabes
Explore our connection with age-old astronomical instruments used by navigators. Two astrolabes are featured in Channel-Port aux Basques, dating from the 1600's.
Home > Employment
Town of Channel-Port aux Basques
With an increasing employment rate in the past decade, opportunities to enter the workforce are available. To assist job seekers, organizations and government have banded together to provide multiple outlets to present job opportunities.
Channel-Port aux Basques, Newfoundland Labrador
The links below provide relevant information on the current employment opportunities for the Town of Channel-Port aux Basques, as well as other businesses and organizations throughout our region. Browse through the postings to find what employment opportunities fit your skills and qualifications. Happy Hunting!
Click on any topic below for more information.
Posted: April 20, 2017 9:25 am NFLD
Public NoticeHEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATOR/LABOURER (SEASONAL)
TOWN OF CHANNEL - PORT AUX BASQUES
Seasonal part-time positions for Town Maintenance Equipment Operators with the Town of Channel - Port aux Basques.
• This is skilled work in the operation of a variety of heavy equipment used in street maintenance work. The incumbent will be required to operate such pieces of heavy equipment as a tandem truck, front-end loader, backhoe, etc.; the incumbent will be required to prepare and maintain work records on the operation of assigned equipment; in winter - plows, garbage trucks sand and salt roads, clear catchbasins; perform other duties as required.
• Completion of high school; possession of the appropriate operator’s licenses as issued by the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador (Class 03 license with 08 and 09 endorsements); considerable knowledge of the regulations and practices utilized in the operation of heavy equipment; or any equivalent combination of experience and/or training. Applicant should list any other skills and/or work related certificates and experience. Applicants must posses an up to date Powerline Hazards Certificate.
• Applicants possessing certificates and/or a combination of skills and work experience combined with the aforenoted operator’s licenses will be considered as a definite asset.
• 12:00 Noon, Friday, May 5th, 2017
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
• The Town is compiling a database for call-in seasonal positions. Possibility for future full time seasonal work during summer & fall construction season and snow clearing season.
Applications should be forwarded to:
Mr. Leon MacIsaac/Town Manager
Town of Channel - Port aux Basques
P.O. Box 70, 67 Main Street
Port aux Basques, NL
Fax: (709) 695-9852
Applications should be received before 12:00 noon on the closing date - either in person, by mail, fax or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information on these positions call (709) 695-2214.