About our 2 Astrolabes
Explore our connection with age-old astronomical instruments used by navigators. Two astrolabes are featured in Channel-Port aux Basques, dating from the 1600's.
Home > Employment
Town of Channel-Port aux Basques
With an increasing employment rate in the past decade, opportunities to enter the workforce are available. To assist job seekers, organizations and government have banded together to provide multiple outlets to present job opportunities.
Channel-Port aux Basques, Newfoundland Labrador
The links below provide relevant information on the current employment opportunities for the Town of Channel-Port aux Basques, as well as other businesses and organizations throughout our region. Browse through the postings to find what employment opportunities fit your skills and qualifications. Happy Hunting!
Click on any topic below for more information.
Posted: Sept 14, 2016 1:23 pm NFLD
EMPLOYMENT OPORTUNITY TOWN OF CHANNEL – PORT AUX BASQUES
RECEATION DIRECTOR/FACILITIES’ MANAGER
The Recreation Director/Facilities’ Manager is responsible for the management of the Town of
Channel – Port aux Basques recreation programs and facilities (includes but not limited to Bruce II Sports Centre, parks & playgrounds, walking trails, skateboard park and playing fields); to provide quality recreation opportunities to the citizens of the area and create revenue opportunities through various venues.
The duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Supervise all facility and summer recreation staff;
• Develop an effective relationship with the area recreation groups and organizations;
• Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of recreational offerings and a current knowledge of key products and services offered by the recreation department;
• Analyze the market area and produce a marketing strategy to identify recreational opportunities and revenue generating venues for the facility;
• Effectively and proactively promote services through the preparation of tailored presentation packages to meet specific customer needs;
• Manage the electronic bookkeeping of the facility;
• Prepare and submit capital and operational budgets as well as supervise the keeping of all financial and statistical records of the Recreation Department and facilities;
• Prepare and submit various government funding proposals as they pertain to recreation and active living;
• Prepare monthly reports outlining statistics, recreational usage and budget updates;
• Act as Council’s liaison on various committees as deemed appropriate by the Town;
• Attend and coordinate monthly Recreation Committee meetings and report to Council;
• A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required;
• Solid background in the recreation and business industry with at least three years in a management position; and supported by experience and/or education in business and/or recreation management; and demonstrates a commitment to ongoing education and development; knowledge of ammonia refrigeration systems and salt water swimming pool operations will be a definite asset, knowledge in accounting and business procedures will be a definite asset; excellent oral and written communication skills.
$55,000 - $60,000 annually (dependent upon experience & education)
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Required to attend some Council meetings and special events outside of normal work hours
Out of Town travel may be required to attend training
Closing Date: Friday, September 30, 2016
Applications should be forwarded to:
Mail: Mr. Barry Spencer/Town Manager
Town of Channel – Port aux Basques
P.O. Box 70, 67 Main Street
Port aux Basques, NL A0M 1C0
Applications should be received before the close of business on the noted closing date – either by mail, fax or email.
Applicants requiring additional information may contact the Town Office at 709-695-2214 or 695-7302