With Hurricane Fiona coming on Saturday the Town would like to remind residents to take in any items on your property like lawn furniture, barbeques and to secure items like trampolines, lawn mowers, etc. Take the next couple of days to clean up any garbage items you may have gathered for disposal or from current construction. This hurricane has the potential to be very strong in our area.
The Town of Channel -Port aux Basques recommends the following:
– secure any items which may be blown around by the wind
– secure boats/stages and any items that may be impacted by extensive storm surge
– be prepared for extended periods of power outages
– have adequate supplies of essential items such as water, food, prescription medication, baby supplies, pet supplies, and fuel
– residents should have working flashlights and extra batteries
– individuals should have access to cash and important documents such as insurance and identification in the case they need to evacuate
– most importantly stay safe and be very cautious if using generators or alternate sources of electricity for heating or cooking.
– if an emergency shall arise, residents are reminded to call 911